The OW-SERVER (wifi) is an inexpensive Wifi to 1-Wire interface that is designed to efficiently monitor and control 1-Wire devices. The OW-SERVER (wifi) will allow you to use industry standard Ethernet products (switches, hubs, etc.) to build the backbone of your 1-Wire based sensor / control system with the advantage of using Wifi to avoid having to run ethernet cables. This provides several important benefits: First, 1-Wire networks can be easily distributed over great distances without having to deal with the challenges associated with the installation of physically large 1-Wire networks. By distributing the 1-Wire networks, the individual 1-Wire MicroLans can be kept to a smaller physical size, thereby improving responsiveness/reliability and decreasing installation costs. Second, since the OW-SERVER communicates over standard Ethernet, you can take advantage of existing corporate LANs, the Internet, and in-house MIS expertise for building out and maintaining the backbone of your sensor network.
The OW-SERVER has been designed in such a way to minimize the amount of network resources needed to monitor 1-Wire devices. It maintains the latest readings of its 1-Wire devices which are updated every 2 seconds. This enables the OW-SERVER to deliver a current reading without waiting for a time intensive temperature conversion (or other conversion) to be performed. Also, the OW-SERVER is designed to push data when a user defined alarm occurs via SNMP traps. This significantly reduces the necessary polling rate for many applications while still supplying assurance that any problem will be detected in a timely manner.
The OW-SERVER is ideal for many applications which include:
A number of Ethernet protocols are used by the OW-Server including HTTP and SNMP. The HTTP interface is a simple webpage which shows the current overview of each connected sensor. By default, this page uses AJAX techniques to automatically update itself, insuring the data being displayed is current. The SNMP interface is divided into 3 sections: edsEnterprise, owTrap and owDevices. The edsEnterprise section presents basic product information, such as name and version. The owTrap section is where you define the IP address the trap should be sent, the high alarm, low alarm, and the hysteresis. The owDevices section data similar to the Overview and Devices webpage.
- Server Room Monitoring
- SCADA Systems
The OW-SERVER currently supports the following 1-Wire devices:
- DS18B20 - 12 Bit Temperature Sensor
- DS18S20 - 9 Bit Temperature Sensor
- DS2406 - Dual Addressable Switch
- DS2408 - 8 Channel Addressable Switch
- DS2423 - 4kb RAM with counters
- DS2438 - Smart battery monitor
- DS2450 - Quad A/D converter
- Reads all active devices every 2 seconds
- Firmware can be flash upgraded from remote.
- Manages concurrent client connections safely and reliably.
- Debugging functionality helps simplify software integration.
- 3 convenient 1-Wire ports
- Automatically provides smart strong-pull-up for 1-Wire sensors.
- 1-Wire MicroLan capacity of 1000 feet of cable, 24 devices.
- ESD Protection more than 27kV (IEC801-2 Reference Model.) on the 1-Wire bus.
- LED indicators for Ethernet link/activity, power, and 1-Wire activity.
- Easy Installation
- ABS enclosure.
- Low Cost.