Features of the basic link (Link45, and Link12):
- 1-Wire Bus interface certified by Dallas Semiconductor
- Fox-Busâ„˘ interface with automatic 1Wire/Fox-Busâ„˘ detection
- Emulates Dallas DS9097U interface
- Fully compatible with Dallas TMEX and iButton Viewer software
- Greatly increased stability for large or small networks
- Reliable operation beyond 300 meters
- Operates on "parasiticâ€ť power obtained from the RS-232/serial port control lines
- Network debugging and sniffer features included
- Intelligent bus interface algorithm
The "Link" provides an ASCII interface to Dallas 1-WireÂ® or Fox-Busâ„˘ networks. Links come in several variations but all are microcontroller-based replacements for the Dallas DS9097U-09 and provide increased reliability and performance particularly on large or complicated 1-WireÂ® networks. The Link uses an advanced bus interface and intelligent algorithms to make 1-WireÂ® communications more reliable at short and long distances. (The algorithms and interface for this device were originally developed at Dallas Semiconductor.) The LINK works with Dallas TMEXÂ® and iButtonÂ® Viewer software whether connected to 1-Wire or FxBâ„˘ networks.
This version of The Link has a unique address associated with it, which may be needed to use it with certain software packages such as the Thermodata series
1-WireÂ®, iButtonÂ® and TMEXÂ® are all trademarks of Dallas Semiconductor Corp.