The DS9092 iButton® probe provides the electrical contact necessary for the transfer of data to and from the DS19xx family of iButtons. The round probe shape provides a self-aligning interface that readily matches the circular rim of the iButton's MicroCan™ package. Metal contacts resist wear and are easy to keep clean.
The DS9092 is available with a flat faceplate (standard) or with optional tactile feedback. The center contact of the standard reader has no moving parts, making this a more rugged interface for harsh environments. This type of probe is best suited for designs where the iButton is brought into contact with the reader.
The tactile feedback probe is ideal for situations where the iButton is stationary and the movable reader is brought in contact with it.
Both types of probes are available in a panel-mount version. The tactile feedback probe is also available in a grip-mount version. The panel-mount probes are fastened behind the panel with a push-on type spring-nut.
The two 15cm 22AWG wires are provided for easy connection to the system microcontroller. The handgrip mount probe comes attached to a 10cm handle and 1m cable which is terminated with an RJ-11 jack.
- Simple, low-cost metal stampings form a read/write probe for the iButton family
- Probe guides the entry of the iButton
- iButton slides over the surface to self-clean contacts
- Accessible shallow probe cavity simplifies removal of debris such as mud
- Flexible design supports panel-mount or hand-grip mount with optional tactile feedback
- Bright tarnish-resistant metal surface provides millions of operations
- Panel-mount probe, prewired for easy installation