The EDS Environmental Sensor Line, OW-ENV, offers an innovative way to easily monitor and control temperature and light in indoor environments. The wall mount sensor features a high accuracy temperature sensor; in addition to a light sensor, an LED, conditional search support, and a pass-through 1-Wire connection. Together these features offer an efficient and flexible system for monitoring the temperature and light levels at one or more locations within a building.
The sensor was specifically designed for easy communications. Any general purpose 1-Wire host adapter should be capable of reading data from the sensor.
The conditional search support allows the 1-Wire host adapter to quickly identify the alarm status for numerous parameters; and the LED and optional latching relay can be configured to behave in a variety of ways, including:
- Activate when an alarm parameter is met and deactivate when the alarm byte is cleared
- Activate when an alarm parameter is met and deactivate when readings return to normal range
- Controlled independent of alarm status.
The LED and optional relay response times are extremely fast; the sensors are able to respond appropriately (activate fan/alarm siren/etc) even before the monitoring application is aware an alarm has been triggered. Since, the EDS Environmental Sensor line's alarm functions can operate independently of the 1-Wire host adapter the sensor may be used as a standalone Thermostat, Humidistat and/or Pressurestat.
- Highly accurate Temperature Sensor.
- Globally unique 64-Bit serial number.
- Updates temperature data every 2 seconds.
- Updates light data readings 4 times per second.
- Supports Conditional Search command, with user-definable conditions.
- Uses 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Compatible with all EDS, iButtonlink and Maxim 1-Wire bus masters.
- Pass-through connector for easy daisy-chaining of sensors.
- LED may be controlled independently or change due to alarm status.
- Applications include thermostatic controls, industrial systems, consumer products, thermometers, or any temperature/light sensitive system.